Thursday, 1st December, 2016 - 16:31
It’s been a mixed year for Samsung, with the huge success of their Galaxy S7 and huge failure with the Note 7 overheating and blowing up. However this hasn’t deterred their customers and many eagerly look forward to the new flagship phone, the S8.
There are very few facts about the S8 yet but many rumours have been floating about. Boasting of improvements to the design, the processor, the screen and even the Selfie cam…finally…..
When can we expect it to be released?
- Samsung have yet to announce a release date but if we take a look at launches in the past it is usually between February and May, most being in April.
- The price is also unknown but we expect it to be between £550-600.
What will be new?
- From what we have heard it would seem that Samsung are looking to get rid of the home button and instead integrate that into the screen like the back and menu buttons currently are.
- The screen might also be upgraded to Quad HD to further improve the VR functionality of their phones.
- The Selfie camera looks like it will get an overhaul, changing from the standard 5megapixel and incorporating the developments they made to the main camera.
- Finally it looks like Samsung are going to make the switch to the new USB-C cables as they originally intended with the S7. With the extra power and adaptability of the new USB cables it would be surprising if they didn’t make the switch.
Should we be worried?
- One of the rumours is that Samsung will be following Apple and removing the headphone port to allow them to make the phone slimmer and going down the same bluetooth route.
- Other things to keep an eye out for is if they do switch to USB-C you will be unable to use some accessories from your previous Samsung such as the Gear VR as they use a micro USB connection.
- Also patents and diagrams online are showing changes to the home button, the camera, and even the possibility of a dual screen.
There is still a lot of things we don’t know but as soon as we find out we shall share it with you all. Check back with us in the new year to see what we have managed to discover!
See our full range of second hand samsung phones here.