Thursday, 17th November, 2016 - 12:04
There are many hidden features on iPhones that can save a lot of time and effort and you’ll be amazed that you never knew. We take a look at some of the top hidden features here.
- There is an option for a more secure passcode under the passcode options screen, using numbers with letters, making it even harder for anyone to guess.
- Getting called at an inconvenient time? Send one of three pre-set messages by either swiping up on the phone icon as they call or click on the message icon above the call button.
- Or ask your phone to remind you of a call.
- Swipe left in the compass app to turn your phone into a spirit level. Perfect for those DIY jobs like putting up a shelf.
- Ever had your phone on silent and got a call but not sure who it’s from? Well you can set a custom vibration pattern for each contact so that you will always know who is calling you.
- Instead of switching keyboards hold the 123 button and slide over to the symbol you need and release.
- Press and hold a symbol, to access similar symbols.
- Double tap the space button at the end of a sentence and your phone will place a full stop, set a space and be ready with a capital for the start of the new sentence.
Shake to undo
- Typed a long sentence and need to delete it? Accidentally deleted a paragraph you need? Simply shake your iPhone to bring up the undo option to either recover your lost text or quickly delete what you just typed.
Low power mode
- Going out for a while and worried about your battery dying? Switch on low power mode under the battery section of your options menu and a number of background features will be switched off to save energy.
- Shooting a video and think it would make a perfect photo? There is a second button icon on screen that you can press while filming to grab a still shot of the current image too.
- For selfies, to reduce camera shake when taking the picture, by using the volume button on earphones.
- Just ask Siri and let her work it out for you!
- Entered a long equation but made a mistake? Just swipe left or right over the black area at the top to delete a single digit from the end with each swipe.
Tap to top
- Save time scrolling. Just double tap the top of your screen to jump to the top, then again to jump back to the place you got to.