Thursday, 25th May, 2017 - 15:58
With just over 4 months to go until the expected release of the iPhone 8 … What do we already know and what could we expect this Autumn?
No Home Button and Rear Fingerprint Scanner
- One stand out feature is likely be the removal of a Physical Home Button. This has already proved a popular move by Samsung and would surely make sense if Apple followed suit. According to the latest leaks posted by Instagram user “appleidesigner”, which are strongly rumoured to be apples final design, this could very well be the case! Again Apple may well follow both Google and Samsung with a Rear Positioned Fingerprint Scanner. This will more than likely be what we get due to rumours of a larger screen with much smaller Bezels, leaving little room for a Physical Button. Whatever the reason it sounds good to us!
Re-positioned Vertical Dual Camera (And breath!)
- Another striking difference will be on the back of the phone. Again this could all be speculation but it has been circulating for a while now that the camera position will be moving to a vertical position as opposed to the horizontal layout that has been in use since flash was first introduced on the iPhone 4. Who knows what benefits this may have? But it’s definitely interesting!
Wireless Charging Support and all New Glass Design
- Apple look as though they will be reverting back to an Glass Outer-Casing for the first time since the 4s. This will not only give the iPhone 8 a sleek new look but also allow for Apple to support wireless charging for the first time ever! This could certainly come in very handy for anyone who like myself in the past has snapped a few iPhone charging wires when rushing around! After all it’s about time for Apple as Samsung have been supporting Wireless Charging since the S6. (Released in 2015)
Finally, for all you Tech-geeks like us out there here are some of the other rumoured specs from Apple … Definitely worth checking out!
- 5.8in 2.5D OLED edge-to-edge display
- Apple A11 chip
- Rear-facing Touch ID sensor
- iOS 11 with 'advanced Siri functionality'
- Face-scanning technology