Currently, with the current Coronavirus pandemic, cleanliness and hygiene is of the utmost importance. Everyone needs to be careful of their environment, and there's usually one thing that people use constantly, but neglect to clean. Their mobile devices!
In general, it's a good idea to keep your phone or other mobile devices clean, to stop the risk of spreading germs. But it in the current climate, it is vital. The Coronavirus can last up to 48 hours on some surfaces, so for an item that's regularly held up to your face, it makes sense to keep it clean and sanitary. Make sure you do not use bleach wipes, or anything like that or you can risk damaging your phone. As we sell used phones we treat this very seriously, and all phones are sterilised with alcohol multiple times before they are sold so you can have peace of mind.
Apple suggest a that using 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes will do the trick. Just a quick wipe down with these should keep your phone nice and clean. If you cannot find these or don't have any to hand, then even using soap and water will work. Obviously do not submerge your phone but put a small bit of soap onto a cloth and dampen it, then give the phone a wipe. Dry off with a clean cloth. This is not as easy as keeping some alcohol wipes to hand but helps if done regularly.
Some tips from Apple are:
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Avoid excessive wiping, it may damage your device.
- Ensure no cables or power leads are plugged in while cleaning.
- Don't use an excessive amount if liquid when cleaning.
- Avoid moisture getting into any openings, especially the USB/Lightning port.
- Do not use any aerosol sprays or bleaches and do not put cleaning agents directly onto the device, put them onto a cloth first.
Following these tips, we can help minimise the risk of spreading the Coronavirus, as well as other bacteria and germs. It's good practice to factor this into your routine daily.
4gadgets send all our best wishes out to our customers and hope you all stay safe and healthy.